Clive Richardson Limited completed the construction of the Football Association of Ireland’s National Training Centre at the National Sports Campus in Abbotstown, Dublin in mid-2016. Works undertaken by Clive Richardson Limited at the landmark facility included the following:
- Installation of two Fibre sand pitches and goal keeper training area
- Installation of three sand dressed pitches.
- Installation of a FIFA 2 Star synthetic pitch
- Installation of a fully automated sprinkler system to the five natural pitches including boreholes, provision of underground concrete tanks, pipework and sprinklers.
- Installation of floodlighting including all associated ductwork to three pitches.
- Construction of perimeter fences and ball stops to all pitches.
- Provision of access roads in line with our traffic management plan, street lighting, and storage sheds, car-parking, perimeter mounding and reinforced pedestrian pathways.
The facility was the winner of the Sportsground category, and also the winner in the Special Award for Design and Build Excellence category at the prestigious 2016 ALCI Landscape Awards
After the completion of the construction phase, a 3 year maintenance contract was awarded to Clive Richardson Limited. Clive Richardson Limited immediately undertook the entire maintenance of the facility with full time staff members working full time at the National Training Centre facility.
The following elements were included in the specification for the maintenance of the pitches at the National Training centre:
- The supply of staff & equipment within the National Training Centre for a three year period
- All pitch maintenance for the grass pitches and synthetic pitch including cutting and pitch markings
- Preparation of the pitches for all matches and team training sessions
- Divoting and post-match repairs
- Supply of pitch staff to agreed levels for all events including domestic/international football and any other events requiring use of the pitch.
- Seasonal and periodic pitch renovations
- Supply of all equipment and chemicals/treatments for the pitches.
- Regular consultancy reports for the pitches to ensure the long term protection of the playing surface.
Clive Richardson Limited has carried out maintenance works to all of the pitches since June 2016, ensuring that the surfaces are maintained in a top condition all year round. The pitches have individualised maintenance programmes carried out on a rotational basis based around their usage by all of the FAI’s national teams from seniors to underage. The pitches are currently in use for 46 weeks per year.
CRL’s work was recognised with a Merit Award in the Commercial Maintenance .Section at the 2017 ALCI Landscape Awards.
2017/18 has proved to be a particularly challenging season given the harsh winter which we experienced accross the Dublin area with record snowfall, followed by the sustained period of dry and hot weather. Our staff worked tirelessly to ensure that the facility was maintained in top class condition throughout the year.