The stadium redevelopment project involved the building of a new 50,000 all-seater stadium, located slightly to the east of the original Lansdowne Road Stadium in Dublin. The new stadium was to be known as the AVIVA Stadium.
Clive Richardson Limited was employed as the specialist sportsground contractor to deliver the construction of the following:
- Main stadium pitch – New Fibre Elastic Sand Carpet Pitch
- New raised full size synthetic rugby pitch constructed using the most recent synthetic technology located above the underground car parking facility
- Perimeter track
- Outer Pitch Surround – Concrete form work surrounding the main pitch which provides provision for all the services required to support the stadium operations.
- Underground Drainage System
- Irrigation System
- Under Pitch Heating System
Works on the main stadium pitch were completed in advance of its official opening on 14 May 2010, with the synthetic pitch completed a short time later.